By: Krissy Reyes
If you are planning to attend your first festival but don’t know how to prepare, we got you covered!
Here is a guide on what to do to ensure that you have the best experience possible:
The people you go to a festival with can make or break your experience.
Make sure that you surround yourself with friends who will watch out for you and spread positive energy
(the kind who will go to the bathroom with you even if it's the middle of their favorite DJ’s set and stay up laughing all night with you after the festival is over).
Be open to meeting new people, too! You never know if your new festie bestie will be standing in the crowd next to you.
The Essentials: Make sure to pack these!
- Hydration pack: a backpack with a water pouch will be your best friend. Make sure to fill it with water when you arrive at the venue and in between sets when you are running low.
- Hair ties: If you have long hair, this is a must. You will get hot and sweaty, so you may want to put your hair up for a bit to cool off.
- Lip balm: You probably already bring this wherever you go, so don't forget to bring it to a festival.
- ID: CRITICAL!! You will not be let in without a proper form of identification.
- Cash/card: Have some money ready for merch, food, and other goodies!
- Hand sanitizer/ wipes: Just in case the port-a-potties run out
- Tissue: Just in case the port-a-potties run out x2
- Electrolyte packets: A great way to prevent dehydration
- Gum: Keep your breath fresh (make sure it is a new, sealed pack)
- Portable phone charger: A lifesaver after taking videos all day!
Explore New Genres of Music
Yes, you can finally see that one DJ that you have been dying to see in person!
But it’s also a chance to discover new artists and check out ones you might not have expected to like.
Make sure to visit all of the stages to get the most of your ticket.
Don’t forget to give yourself time to rest! It’s easy to jump around all day when you’re listening to good music, but festivals are longgg and can take a toll on you without you even realizing it.
Make sure to eat, hydrate, and sit down when you need to. Even better, take a second to stretch. Your body will thank you.
Express Yourself With Fashion
This is your chance to go all out with your outfits. Festivals are the best place to show off your style!
Your look should scream “YOU;” whether it is neon colored braids, glitter all over your body, gemstones on your face, or simple makeup.
Wear something easy to go to the port-a-potty in for the most comfort.
If it will be cold at night time, make sure to bring something to keep you warm such as a pashmina scarf, a jersey, or a flannel.
Make sure you check out the shop here at Rave Bae Couture for some super cute and high quality rave outfits! 💚
MOST IMPORTANTLY: LET GO AND HAVE FUN!
About the author: Krissy Reyes
EDM writer and long-time raver based in Los Angeles. Lover of melodic dubstep and funky beats. Lives for attending new festivals!
My ig is @krissykaboom :)